The seventh and final principle concerns Diverse talents and ways of learning. Learning styles, modality, cultural influence all play significant roles in the differences in students within a class.
- review learning styles, learning modality, cultural differences
- discuss impact of technology and learning styles
- plan and add activities to own course to address learning modality differences
- discuss implications for student / instructor learning style differences
One of the most exciting aspects of technology enhanced instruction is the ability to provide learning experiences that acknowledge and encourage this diversity, in ways that are not practical, or even possible, in traditional classroom teaching. … 7. Respect diverse talents and ways of learning
- Try the disabilities simulations.
- Accessibility issues – What are required accommodations for students with disabilities? What kinds of disabilities do your students have? What accommodations have you had to make?