Have you considered blogging? Some faculty are “pushing” regular notices, comments and course updates to their students in blog (weB-LOG) format. Short postings displayed in reverse date sequence – newest at the “top” along with links to course materials, other resources and important bloggers in the topic area, along with links to “archived” copies of older posts.
- Blogging: The Solution to (most) of Your Classroom Needs http://academhack.outsidethetext.com/home/?p=183 (old but still applicable)
- Kick Start Your Blogging http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/challenges-2/30-days-to-kick-start-your-blogging/
- Moodle Assignment documentation http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Assignment_module
- FAQs http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Assignment_FAQ
Quizzes – questions are separate from Quizzes. This provides flexibility and is helpful for constructing different quizzes, eg. practice, unit test, final exam, all based on the same bank of questions.
- CCC Confer – Meet & Confer http://www.cccconfer.org/products/meetAndConfer.aspx