Discussions can be used for “assignment submissions” and peer reviews. Additional points can be given for content, such as results from an online search assignment, as well as for discussion participation. This is a great way to extend student-student interaction and discover new online resources.
- Improving the Use of Discussion Boards
Many really good suggestions in this article
Here are several discussion forum grading rubrics. Some are very explicit in the form of the posts. Points and criteria will vary depending on the subject matter, grade level and learning objectives for the discussion.
- Online Discussion Rubric 20 points
Quality, Relevance, Contribution, Global Picture – table layout easy to understand
- Grading discussion boards
includes several examples of rubrics, various point allocations and assessment criteria
- Class Discussion Grading Rubric
page 4 – includes questions to consider about the purpose of the discussion
- Grading Rubric – Discussion Participation
The explanation in the preamble is interesting, too.
- Grading Online Discussions
- Sample Discussion Grading Rubric
More than discussion rubrics
Other rubrics by assignment type