- Diversity of learners – What learning styles, learning modality, cultural differences do students exhibited in your classes? How do you accommodate these differences? Do you offer a choice of assignments? Do you see a connection between the use of technology and learning styles in your students?
- Cultural influences – How does culture and diversity influence the course presentation and conduct? Does the asynchronous nature of some technology enhancements, such as discussions, change the culture of the class? Does technology promote freedoms or provide restrictions relating to any or all forms of diversity?
- Online collaborative writing experience – Do you include activities where everyone contributes to the wiki? Have you tried collaborative writing yourself? Throughout this workshop, we have talked a lot about technology and learning. Are there specific examples either from your own practice or ideas based on the workshop materials where student retention is improved through application of technology? Add your thoughts and suggestions to the Wiki page – Collaboration.
- Whose learning style? – What are the implications for student / instructor learning style differences. How does the learning style of the instructor affect how the course is conducted? Does the subject dictate the primary presentation style?
- How are you doing? Review the criteria for 7. Respect diverse talents and ways of learning in the Course Evaluation Checklist. Any new insights or applications to share?